If you're kicking off a health and wellbeing campaign within your organization, check out our ideas on how you can leverage the platform to:
- spread awareness of mental health and promote mindfulness
- encourage employees to keep active and exercise
- connect employees with the common goal of sustaining strong wellbeing
Remind colleagues to:
- Eat Well
- Get Moving
- Nurture Your Mind
- Ask for Help
Here are some ideas for content that you could incorporate into your Wellbeing Content Calendar:
- Create a Wellbeing Space where everyone is enrolled and set up a Space Welcome Email to spread the word of what the space’s mission is
- Ask colleagues to answer the question - "I want to learn more about..." in relation to wellbeing. Make sure to get inputs from Leadership, it's important that wellbeing is promoted top-down
- Schedule events e.g. wellbeing webinars, discussion groups, strength & stretch sessions. Post key takeaways and highlights after the sessions for all to enjoy and learn from
- Identify Encouragement or Wellbeing Champions that like & comment on colleagues' posts and encourage others to contribute to the space
- Run a self-care campaign with one tip posted each day for a month - tips can cover wellbeing, productivity, meetings, balancing work and home life etc.
- Check out the calendars at Action For Happiness for some fantastic ideas - why not have a different theme every month
- Publish articles at the start of each week with a new topic e.g. mindfulness, maintaining a healthy balanced diet, etc.
- Share your organisation's Wellbeing Principles in an article for all to read and reference
- Make use of the scheduled post feature (especially for early morning content!) e.g. yoga videos, easy stretches, positive quotes
- Launch a Wellbeing series of events with internal or external speakers - topics could include maintaining social connections, managing stress, the benefits of sleep / hydration / meditation, etc.
- Release a Pulse Survey asking for feedback on the Wellbeing Programme or ask how are employees are managing remote working. See our sample bank of Pulse Survey questions. (Note: you will have to log in to our Knowledge Base to see these questions)
- Share some fun sites e.g. https://www.window-swap.com/window
- Support financial wellbeing and share useful resources and tips e.g. pensions, savings, understanding tax, etc.
- Launch a #thankfulthursday series with a video update from different staff members each week telling everyone what they are grateful for
- Ask colleagues to share their favourite food plan using the hashtag #FoodPlans
- Share healthy recipes for colleagues to try at home and ask them to post the taste test results
- In the workplace, provide healthy snacks and promote their benefits in posts
- Ask colleagues to answer the question "My favourite healthy snack is..." with a photo
- Launch a #StepsChallenge – Ask colleagues to comment under the daily / weekly #stepschallenge post with their steps for that day / week. Create a leaderboard that shows the most active teams
- Share tips for 'Couch to 5k', set a target date and ask employees to post about their progress
- Upload or import fitness advisor podcasts
- Post easy exercise videos that can be followed at home
- Post tips for ways to get colleagues moving while remote working
- Share ergonomics best practices to keep your team well while remote working
- Promote online fitness or activity courses and YouTube videos e.g. pilates, yoga
- Promote walking and forest bathing with a hashtag initiative #embracenature #greenbathing #greatoutdoors
- Start a #fitnesschallenge and announce a new exercise each day, ask colleagues to post their results
- Run Fitness Bingo - share a bingo card with participants and every time they attend a virtual fitness class, they get to mark off that square. Participants can be assigned a Fitness Badge on Workvivo when they complete a "blackout” bingo card
Nurture your Mind
- Share mindfulness tips and videos
- Promote no internal emails out of hours / at weekends and introduce no-meeting windows to support work life balance and manage video fatigue
- Share mindfulness apps e.g. Headspace and encourage employees to take on the 30 Day Challenge
- Organise virtual coffee catch-ups, ask teams to share their team photo on Workvivo
Go green for World Mental Day - add a green banner, ask colleagues to post photos of themselves wearing green, etc.
Start a #gratefulfor campaign where colleagues share what they are grateful for
Launch a colouring competition for employees and their families
Send a care package to employees, ideas include a self-care wellbeing book colouring book, candle, reading book, plant, etc. and ask them to post about what their first action to look after their mental health will be e.g. "I am going to go for a 20min walk at lunchtime"
Ask for Help
- Promote support forums and add useful links to the Apps section for easy reference. Examples:
- Promote your national Wellbeing Programme
- In Ireland, the HSE launched a free online mental health programme called ‘minding your wellbeing.’ It focuses on the promotion of mental wellbeing, and has been adapted from a face-to-face programme into a series of online videos. The material has been produced to focus on various areas of mental health. The five 20-minute videos focus on self-care, understanding your thoughts, exploring emotions, building positive relationships and improving your resilience. Check it out here.
- The HSE also released helpful tips on minding your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Spotlight your Employee Assistance Programme and the benefits and resources available. If there's an app, share a video introducing the various sections and supports available.
- Check out this short video which will show you how to sign up for and access the our Wellbeing app. This is your free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme which contains hours of material related to health, wellbeing, fitness and also provides access to counselling and support services.
- Badges are a great way to identify those with a particular skill or those aligned to an affinity group for example. Why not set up a Mental Health First Aider badge and assign it to team members who have been trained and are available to support colleagues.
- You could also create badges for achieving wellbeing milestones and accomplishments e.g. attending all the webinars, or for being a top contributor to the Wellbeing Space.
Mental Health First Aider Badge
We have designed some beautiful banners that you could use at any time of the year to promote wellness.
If you would like a banner uploaded for your Workvivo, let your Customer Experience Manager know which option you prefer and for which month of the year.
|1 to 31 January, 2021
||Dry January challenges you to go alcohol free for 31 days and aims to raise awareness of the effects of alcohol.
|March 19, 2021
||World Sleep Day
||World Sleep Day (WSD) is an annual celebration of sleep & call to action on important sleep issues
|March 16 to 22, 2021
||Nutrition and Hydration Week 2020
||Nutrition and Hydration Week aims to highlight, promote and celebrate improvements in the provision of nutrition and hydration locally, nationally and globally.
|May TBC, 2021
||Mental Health Awareness Week
Mental Health Awareness Week is all about raising awareness and promoting better mental health.
|June 21 to 30, 2021
||World WellBeing Week 2021
||World WellBeing Week returns in June 2021 to provide the opportunity for participants worldwide to promote an overall awareness for the wide-ranging aspects of wellbeing, including social, physical, emotional, financial, career, community and environmental wellbeing.
|October 10, 2021
||World Mental Health Day 2021
|November 19, 2021
||International Men's Day (IMD)
||The purpose of IMD is to raise awareness of preventable health issues and encourage men to seek professional advice for health-related problems.
|1 to 30 November, 2021
||Men's Health Awareness Month
||Each year, Movember is responsible for thousands of mustaches on men’s faces in the UK and around the world. The aim of Movember is to raise vital funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer.
|2 to 6 November, 2021
||International Stress Awareness Day
||International Stress Awareness Day aims to develop greater understanding of stress and offer individuals and organisations access to proven coping strategies and sources of help.
- Check out our blog "Exploring The Psychology Of Remote Working: Insights On How To Adapt" here.
- Check out our blog "Social Intranets And Their Impact On A Remote Working World" here.
For any questions, reach out to your Customer Experience Manager.