The PowerBI Integration allows you to embed custom built PowerBI analytics dashboards into Pages within Workvivo.
With this integration you will be able to;
- Provide advanced data visualizations within Pages
- Consume Power BI insights and interact with your embedded dashboard, all from within the Workvivo platform
We enable Power BI report embedding via Service Principal-based authentication, ensuring enhanced control and authorization. In addition, we support views that, once created, facilitate the display of a mobile version of the report on our native app, providing a seamless mobile experience.
Device(s): Desktop & Mobile
Roles / Permissions:
- Connecting your Power BI account;
- Roles: Admins
- Adding Power BI dashboards to Pages
- Roles: Admins, Editors, Page Editors, Space Admins, Space Owners
Connecting to your Power BI account
Go to the ‘Connect Power BI’ tab within the Administration section to connect your Power BI account to Workvivo.
Simply fill your Client ID, Client Secret and Tenant ID into the fields provided. These parameter values can be found within the Power BI platform (see the following Power BI documentation for more detail on accessing these parameter values).
Once you have connected your Power BI account you will be able to add custom Power BI dashboards to your Pages in Workvivo.
Adding a Power BI dashboard to a Workvivo Page
Either create a new page, or click ‘Edit Page’ on an existing page in order to open the pages editor. From here, select the ‘Add Power BI Report to Page’ checkbox to open the Power BI Report Configuration JSON.
The JSON object can contain the following properties:
- The ID of the Power BI report that will be displayed.
- The ID of the Power BI group that the report belongs to.
- A JSON object that contains information used to Authenticate users who can see the report. For example, accessLevel and an identities array.
- You can configure the report to be viewable by a group of users, based on their primary email address in Workvivo, or a custom email field “THIRD_PARTY_IDENTIFIER”.
- To do this, in the JSON object, replace the value of the json.identities.username property with:
- EMAIL: This will then check if the user's primary Workvivo email address is authenticated to view the report, and if so, will display the report.
- THIRD_PARTY_IDENTIFIER: If the user's primary email isn’t suitable for this purpose, you can set the value to THIRD_PARTY_IDENTIFIER to use that instead. Please contact support to get users third_party_identifiers set up if you need this.
- For more information see: Generate Embed Token documentation
- A JSON object that contains settings for how the report is displayed. For example, filterPaneEnabled and navContentPaneEnabled.
- For more information see: Customize Settings documentation
You can also add content to the Page Body which will appear above the Power BI dashboard within your Page. This is useful for adding explainer or intro text to your page.
Viewing the Power BI dashboard as a user
Once your Page is published users will be able to view your Power BI dashboard as shown on both web and mobile.