Workvivo’s Digital Signage solution enables you to set up a TV Dashboard on-screen in a staff common area or open plan office and provides the opportunity for colleagues to see what’s happening across the business in an easy-to-consume way.
Choose the most relevant audience for your dashboard to help highlight important updates or a particular campaign (Global and or Spaces and or Teams). For example, if you're running a Health & Wellbeing challenge through a space, you could point the Dashboard at just that Space and colleagues will see the posts and leader board updates flow through as they happen.
Device(s): Desktop for setup, TV screen for displaying (see requirements below)
Roles / Permissions: Admins, or Dashboard Manager
Creating a Dashboard
- Open the Administration panel on Workvivo web
- Click on 'Dashboards'
- Click Add New
- Name the dashboard
- Choose the background colour
- Select the geographical Location of the dashboard by typing the first few letters and choosing from the list that appears
- Upload a background image (png or .jpg, 1500px x 1000px)
- Choose your Audience to tailor the content displayed. Based on your selection, the dashboard will surface content posted to Everyone and or select Spaces and or select Teams
- Click "Save Changes"
To display your dashboard, the screen must:
- Have Full HD 1080p - 1920x1080 (or no lower than 1024x640)
- Have a Web Browser that supports CSS (with Flex)
- Be horizontal
Setting up a Dashboard
- From the Dashboards list, copy the URL of the dashboard you would like to display
- Paste this into the web browser of your TV screen / digital signage system
- To authenticate, click Generate Auth Code within the Workvivo Dashboards section
- Enter the 4-digit code that on the authentication screen within 5 minutes
- Once the PIN has been entered, the dashboard will remain active - and authenticated - indefinitely
- Each device, e.g. computer, television, etc., will require the PIN to be entered
- Devices can be unregistered from the "Dashboards" section of the Admin Dashboard
- When a device has been unregistered, it will need to be re-registered by entering the PIN
The screen changes every 30 seconds to give a dynamic carousel of content.
- Your Workvivo nav bar logo, Location Date Time, Location name, and a Weather icon
- An Activity Feed widget displays the 5 most recent posts (shout-outs, updates, goal/value updates) with the likes and comment count
- A Latest News widget rotates between the 3 most recent articles
- An Upcoming Events widget displays the next 3 upcoming events in their turn. If there are no upcoming Events, this widget will disappear and the News widget will re-size automatically
- Anniversaries widget shows work anniversaries or birthdays being celebrated today across the organization. If there are no anniversaries or birthdays, this widget will disappear and the News and Events widgets will re-size automatically
- We recommend certain image sizes over others for articles and events but we don't enforce them. Refer to our News and Events How-To articles and our Content Best Practices Guide for specs.
- The following are not supported:
- Videos - video thumbnail does not appear, video does not play
- Polls - poll options do not appear
- Document attachments not visible
- Translations - the TV dashboard displays in English