We continue to expand and enhance our Analytics capabilities to give more insights at your fingertips.
Today on the Workvivo platform, you can easily access Reach and Engagement insights for posts, articles, events, pages, documents, space documents and podcasts.
- Admins can access analytics on their own and others’ content
- A user can access content analytics on their own content
- A space owner/admin can only access content analytics on content they create themselves
Devices: Desktop and Mobile
While there may only be a few likes or comments on a post, content analytics allows you to understand the true reach and engagement of your content.
Content Analytics is currently available for:
- Posts - includes updates, shout-outs, Welcome Wednesdays, work anniversary & birthday posts
- News articles
- Space Documents
Understanding which content gets the most engagement will help guide your communications strategy and content calendar.
Viewing and Understanding Content Analytics
Feed Analytics: To view the analytics on feed content, click on the Analytics icon on the bottom right of a post, article or event on web or mobile.
For articles or events, you can also access this from the ‘Manage News/Events..’ section on web browser.
Page Analytics: can be accessed in the ‘page management’ section within the space the page resides in.
Podcast Analytics: Can be accessed in the podcast ‘options’ dropdown.
Document Analytics: Can be accessed in the ‘manage’ dropdown on each document.
The Content Analytics screen shows key information including:
- the unique viewer count – number of users who saw the content
- total views (impressions) – total times the content was seen
You can see the breakdown of Unique Viewers by Team (location, department, etc.). Expand to see the full list.
You can also see the number of Impressions by device type which helps you understand where employees are consuming content.
A help menu gives you more information on what the various data points mean. You can access this by clicking the question mark icon next to “Reach”.
In this example, 556 people viewed the post and there were 856 views overall.
Note: If some of the text was truncated and there was an expand 'Read more' option, this doesn't count as an additional impression.
You can see the total count of interactions and the breakdown by type:
- number of times a post was opened directly from its link – either through sharing, a notification or from search results
- number of times an article or event was opened
- number of times the comments window was opened on that piece of content
- Unique Opens (number of unique users that opened a piece of content, rather than the total amount of times it was opened)
- Likes (count)
- Comments (count)
- Shares to Spaces (number of spaces the content was shared to)
- Link Clicks (number of times a link was clicked - includes embedded links in the text or the link box showing on a post - where links can include links to a person's profile and an external website)
- Attachment Opens (number of times a post, article or space document attachment has been opened)
- Attachment Downloads (number of times a post, article or space document attachment has been downloaded)
- Downloads (number of times a document has been downloaded)
Two help menus give more information. You can access these by clicking the question mark icons next to “Reach” and “Engagement”.
You can now easily find out when a piece of content was created and when it was last updated. This information is available on Articles, Pages and Space Documents.
Created (shows the date and time that a piece of content was originally created)
Update (shows the date a time that a piece of content was last updated)
Podcasts offer several benefits over more traditional top-down corporate communications. They promote transparent leadership, meet employees’ needs, are easily accessible and give employees an organizational voice.
We have introduced an Audio Analytics section within Content Analytics to help creators accurately track podcast performance, and ultimately create the most engaging content possible for their audience.
Content Analytics provides the following new insights on podcasts uploaded through Workvivo:
Total Audio Plays - The total number of times people started listening to the podcast.
Unique Audio Plays - The total number of unique people who started listening to the podcast.
Total Audio Finishes - The total number of times the podcast was listened to from beginning to end.
Average Percentage Listened - The average amount of the podcast that was listened to across all listeners.
Videos are a powerful tool for conveying information within Workvivo.
Video Insights empower content creators to monitor post performance and understand what videos are resonating best with their audience. This results in more appropriate video lengths, video content and post timing, among other things.
We have introduced more comprehensive Video Insights within Content Analytics to help creators accurately track video performance, and ultimately post the best video content possible for their audience.
Content Analytics provide the following new insights on videos uploaded through Workvivo:
- Total Video Plays (same as ‘Video Plays’ in existing version) - The total number of times people started watching the video in the post.
- Unique Video Plays - The total number of unique people who started watching the video in the post.
- Total Video Finishes - The total number of times the video in the post was watched from beginning to end.
- Average Percentage Watched - The average amount of the video that was watched across all video viewers.
Team Level Breakdown
Total Video Plays are also broken down by team level. This ensures users not only know how many views their videos are getting, but also where exactly those views are coming from.
This data is easily obtained through the Content Analytics exportable csv file. Click "Export".
For any questions, contact your Workvivo point of contact.