Pages enables you to display content within a Workvivo Space through a variety of different template styles for optimum viewer engagement.
Space Owners/ Admins can create Pages in their space. Pages are designed to have a long shelf-life but they can be constantly edited.
You can create hierarchical pages with an easy-to-use navigation structure.
Popular use cases:
- Location - pages for Meet the Office team, floor plans, opening hours, embed your hot-desk booking forms, share information & exclusive discounts for employees
- New Hires - pages for housing an introduction to the company, executive team, information for the onboarding process, and resources for new hires
- Company News and Events - pages for embedding a blog feed or live calendar for news and events , explainers on the different types of internal meetings and events held, explanation on the Company Mission Statement and Values
- Internal IT - pages for Meet the Team, points of contact / system owners, links to help resources and how-to guides
- Learning and Development - provide an overview of the learning and development resources available including forms, calendars and links to courses
Devices: Desktop for Page setup and management, Desktop and Mobile for viewing page content.
Roles: Space Owners and Space Admins.
Enabling Pages (Space Owners and Space Admins)
- Open your Space
- Open the Admin menu
- Click "Edit Space"
- Enable Pages
Creating a Page
Only Space Owners and Space Admins can create Pages in their space.
- Open your Space
- Open the Pages tab
- Click "Create a Page"
- Add a title, body (insert text, templates, etc.)
- Uncheck 'Draft' when ready to publish
Creating a Page - In detail
You can only have one top-level page per space.
To create your first page, open the Pages tab and click “Create a Page”.
The page editor opens with fields to populate:
- Page Body
Under sub-title you can select 'Don't include Title & Subtitle in Page Body. By selecting this it allows you to customise the layout of all pages instead of having the default title and subtitle showing.
Check box not selected
Check box selected
In the Page Body you can leverage a comprehensive rich text editor to insert various media types, templates, cards, tiles and columns. Here you can align text, add blocks of code, format bullet-points and paragraphs and indent bodies of text.
Align images to left, centre or right sides of the screen and re-size them quickly within the editor to suit the flow of your article.
You can also keep track of the word count within your article by looking at the bottom of the page body.
To insert templates, e.g. tiles that are a combination of text and images, click on “Insert: from the Page Body toolbar and select Insert Template from the list.
You can preview all of the templates by clicking on their name in the Templates drop-down list from the Insert Template window.
When you have found a template you like, click “Save” and it will be added to your page body. You can then edit the different elements of the template.
For the "Deck of Cards" template, images should have dimensions 640 × 360 px or 740 × 345 px.
One of the saved templates called 'Link Button' allows you to insert a button with editable text that can link out to an external site, somewhere in the app etc.
Simply select the template from the dropdown and hit save. You can then highlight the button text and type over it as seen in the screenshot below and inserting your chosen URL.
Other Page Details and Settings
Parent Page and Sub Pages
- If this is the first page you are creating, there is no Parent Page as this will become the Root Page.
- If you already had a root page created and are now creating a sub-page, the Parent Page will be the top-level page. This cannot be changed.
- There can only be 1 parent page.
- There can be multiple sub pages and these are visible from the hierarchy menu.
- If you have other pages created within that space, you can add them as ‘Related Pages’.
- You will see the Related Pages listed at the end of the page once it’s published.
Draft / Publishing a Page
- Pages are saved as drafts by default.
- If you would like to publish your Page for your space members, untick the ‘Draft’ checkbox.
- You can change your page back to Draft status at a later stage if you want to hide it from your space members while you make changes. Edit the Page and check the 'Draft' box and save.
Standalone Pages (Admin Pages)
If you would like to create a standalone page that does not show in the Pages section for general members, tick the ‘Standalone Page’ checkbox.
Only the Space Owner and Admins can then see this page.
An example could be guidelines to Space Owners/Admins of the types of content that they should publish within the space.
Workvivo is currently working to enhance its search capabilities to include the content of Pages and tags.
Continue to add tags so that they will be discoverable once the new search function is released. Type a word or term and use the return key to create a tag.
Once you are ready to create your page, click “Save”.
Viewing a Page
This is how the Page will look to space members:
Note: There is no notification or automated post when a page is published so you should draw attention to your page through other ways.
- For example you could create a post letting people know that there is a new page.
- You could also create a Featured space document that links to the Page URL. When you open a page, you will see the URL for that page in the browser address bar.
Creating a Page Hierarchy (Subpages)
Create standalone pages and sub-pages of related content linked underneath. This increases discovery of content and provides a simplified user experience when trying to identify relevant information.
Click "Create Subpage" to create a new subpage under that Page.
Moving a Subpage
Workvivo's page management section provides the ability for admins to reassign a parent page or move pages to a new space. You can access the page management options by scrolling to the bottom left side on any screen while you are in the pages feature.
Deleting a Page
As there can be many layers of Subpages within the hierarchy, Admins will be prompted with two options when selecting to delete content.
You can choose to move the page elsewhere or permanently delete the page and any subpages associated with it. (You are asked to type 'delete me' to confirm your decision to delete a page and all its subpages.)