Workvivo Surveys are designed to get the best possible response rate:
- The first question of the Workvivo survey appears at the top of the activity feed on desktop and mobile so it's very difficult to miss! This helps reel people in
- The survey takes place seamlessly within the app and colleagues return to the main activity feed when finished. A link to a 3rd party survey would take users out of the app and onto another website
- There's an option to 'Send Reminder' on an open survey and those who haven't taken it will get a push notification
- Please note each user has their own unique survey URL - if you share a survey using the URL it may result in an error for other users. We advise each user to fill out a survey through their own activity feed
To ensure a strong response rate, you should:
1. Make the survey appealing, catch your employees' attention
2. Keep it short so colleagues don't experience survey fatigue
3. Ensure the survey feedback is shared and taken on board
Make it fun - It's a softer approach if you start the survey with a fun question or something personal e.g. "How was this week at work" with 4 emoji response options
Make it eye-catching - Highlight the open question and it's link clearly in an eye-catching pinned post at the top of the feed. Saying that only 400 people have responded so far could encourage others.
Promote it - Supervisors and Management should also be promoting the surveys in person
Have a plan - Have you shared the feedback / results of the surveys? Is it clear when and how the action plan will be shared?
For more info on surveys, reach out to your Workvivo point of contact.