Space Owners/ Admins can create Space Documents if they have enabled Documents for their space.
Space Documents are separate to the system Documents section. A space document does not appear in the Documents section.
Roles / Permissions: Space Owners / Admins can create a space document
Creating a Space Document
- From the Space Navigation menu, click on Documents
- Click the "Manage Documents" cog button
- Click "New Document" to create a new document
- Populate the Title and Description (shows in post on feed)
- Upload a file attachment if required.
- Add the Page Content. This uses a rich text editor so you can format the text, embed images, embed videos, add hyperlinks etc.
- In this example, we are hyperlinking to the file's location in a cloud document solution instead of uploading a file attachment.
- Upload a landscape image for the cover image
- The audience is that space
Feature your Document
- Tick the Featured Document checkbox if you want the document to appear in a Featured Documents widget on the right hand side of the space activity page
Viewing Space Documents
- Document appear in the space feed and main activity feed for members of that space
- The Featured Document appears on the right-hand side if the 'Featured Document' checkbox was ticked
- Documents are also listed under the Space Documents section
Editing a Space Document
You can edit your space document at any time.
- Click Documents, go to "Manage Documents"
- Click "Edit" beside the document you wish to edit
- Edit as required and Save
Monitoring Space Document Views
From the Manage Documents screen, you can see the total number of times your document has been viewed by space members.
Are there differences between 'Space documents' and 'Platform-level' documents?
- Yes there are some differences and these are listed below.
- For more information on how to add 'Platform-level' documents please check out this article here.
- Always generate a post when created
- Reside in the Documents tab in a Space
- Space members can see the documents / all users can see the documents if the space is public
- Appear in the order newest to oldest
- Cannot sort / reorder
- Cannot structure in folders
- Do not generate a post when created
- Reside in the Documents section
- Audience members can see the documents (Everyone or Team(s))
- Can be sorted / reordered
- Folder structure can be created
For any other questions, please contact your Workvivo Customer Experience Manager.