Having an eye-catching banner can really make your Workvivo platform pop! It's also great real-estate to promote your organization's vision and mission statement, values, ongoing initiatives or an upcoming event for example.
The banner will also appear at the top of the hamburger menu on mobile at a smaller scale but it helps tie in your organization's branding nicely.
Roles / Permissions: The Main Banner can be updated by Admins.
Changing the Main Banner
- Open Administration from the top navigation bar on desktop
- Open the Main Banner section under settings
- Click "Choose File" and upload a new file
- Recommended dimensions: 2000px x 474 px
- Safe space for key text / imagery: 1290px x 135px centred
- File types supported: png, jpeg or GIF format
Check out the attached Main Banner Design section in the attached Branding guide document for more detail.
Top Tips when designing your banner:
- To see what a banner image will look like, you can upload it to any space. Viewing a banner from within the space will appear the same as if it were the main banner on desktop
- Go to Space Edit Space Click on the Banner, click Upload Save
- The top and bottom of the banner will be hidden behind the nav bar and activity feed so where possible:
- Avoid images of people, their faces could be cropped on different size screens
- Minimise the use of text as this can also be cropped
Note: Check out this article to see how you can add your own profile banner