Workvivo has a pre-created Question bank focused on Employee Engagement with questions across different themes:
- 12 Engagement drivers
- Engagement level
- Fun questions
- Qualitative questions
Surveys, however, are multi-purpose and you could also use them to gather ideas for business improvement or feedback on particular initiatives for example.
If you need to use a survey for a different purpose, or want to use your organization's standard engagement survey questions, you can easily add new questions or themes to the pre-existing bank.
Please note that if you wish to have different response options than those already created in the system, please contact your Workvivo Customer Experience Manager and they can set these up for you.
Workvivo currently only supports one response type per question. These can be single-select options (i.e. users can choose one option from a list) or free-text responses (i.e. users can write a response).
Multi-select response types are not supported on the platform. For example, you can't ask a user to 'select all that apply' or 'choose your top two from the list below'.
It's not possible to have combination response types. For example, it's not possible to ask a user to "Select Yes or No and leave a comment if you choose No" as this would be single-select and free-text response types in the one question.
Roles / Permissions: Admins
Creating a New Theme
If a theme doesn't exist already, or if you want to create new questions that are unrelated to an existing theme, you should create a new theme.
- To create a new theme, click “Survey Questions” in the Surveys tab
- Click “Add Theme” in the pop-up window that appears
- Name the new Theme and select “Save”
- The new theme will then appear in the Themes list
Creating New Questions
- Once a suitable theme is created or available, you can add questions to it. To create a new question, click "Survey Questions" from the Surveys tab
- Click “Add Question"
- The Add Question form window will open
- When adding a new question, select the theme from the drop-down menu and input the question text. The example shown here is a new question within the theme Engagement driver: 'Resources'
- Then choose the response type from the pre-defined list.
To add a response type, choose an option from the drop-down menu. There are numerous options available, please see common response types below for context. The range or scale of values for each response type is indicated within the response type description.
Once you are happy with the theme, question text and response type, click “Save”.
Frequently used response types:
- Freeform text - allows qualitative feedback
- Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree scale, where Agree is Positive
- Emojis - Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree
Custom Response Type
The Response Types available in the drop-down menu are maintained by Workvivo. If a new custom Response Type is required, please contact email@example.com.