We’ve been working to elevate everyone’s user experience - making content easier to find, simplifying navigation and unlocking new features that will supercharge your internal communications. Prepare and excite your colleagues for the big release in mid October!
Suggestions on how to Promote the new User Experience
1-2 weeks before the release (from 24 September), let your employees know what’s coming!
- Post updates sharing info on the new layout and features
- Generate conversation by including a leading question at the end of the post “What are you most looking forward to seeing / checking out?”
- Pin the posts for 5-7 days so that it’s at the forefront of your Workvivo communications
- Create an event within Workvivo to act as a reminder
- Announce the update at team / department meetings
- Create a billboard that links through to an article or page explaining the changes
1-3 weeks after the release, highlight the new look to your employees and give your Content Leads & Champions the tools they need to build confidence with the new features.
- Support your Content Leads with getting up to speed on the new features - add an FAQ session to the calendar and seek questions via comments on a post or hold an Ask Me Anything session
- Empower your champions by drip-feeding top tips and info on the new features into the Champions Space or on the global feed - they’ll be able to relay these to their peers
- Create a billboard that links through to an article or page explaining the changes (sample design below) e.g. if you create an album in the Gallery, draw attention to it through a billboard or pinned post
Sample Teaser Images you could use:
Sample Images you could use after the release:
Post / Article Cover Image:
Throughout the year, continue highlighting all the features and sections available to colleagues to help them connect with others and stay informed about what's happening in the organization.
Sample Templates for Announcing the Updates
Template Article (or split it into multiple posts)
Exciting news! Our Workvivo is getting a new look in October!
Workvivo, the software provider, has been busy working on elevating your user experience. They’ve made the platform a lot more intuitive, adjusting the navigation so it’s much easier for you to find content, information and the things you need at work, plus adding some cool new features!
HERE'S WHAT'S CHANGING
New Desktop look and feel
Content discovery is easier and more intuitive than ever.
The Top Navigation has changed and there are new menus - Explore, Connect, Resources. Access your links, tools and apps under Resources > Apps for example.
There is now side navigation. This collapsible menu contains activity feed filters, access to your bookmarks, Profile page and Spaces, as well as a link to a new feature ‘Spotlight’.
There are dedicated sections for News, Events and Podcasts. Here's the News page:
Notification Settings can now be opened from the Notifications dropdown in the Top-navigation bar by clicking on the cog icon.
New People Directory look and feel
We’re allowing more personality to shine through. Why not upload your own profile banner?
Go to Edit My Profile and upload a profile banner today!
Smoother interactions and engagement
It’s now easier to interact with colleagues’ posts and news. You can:
- Comment from the feed without having to click into conversations
- View likes and comments more easily
New Spotlight feature on Desktop!
Spotlight provides one single view of promoted content within your organization such as news, events and podcasts - check out the latest in here!
New Gallery feature on Desktop and Mobile!
Check out out our Gallery where our Events and Marketing teams will upload photos from company events and share assets for you to use day-to-day
Updated Mobile feed
The mobile feed has come to life! Check it out!
- New filters
- Videos auto-play
- Double-tap to like ❤️
Leave a comment to let us know what improvement or new addition you like most!