Documents in Spaces are a great way to gather and organize all documents relevant to a specific space
Within the Documents section, Folders appear above Documents, Links and Space Documents.
Featured documents and links will appear in the featured carousel at the top of the Documents section, within the dedicated Featured section, and also on a widget next to the space feed.
Space Owners/Admins can create and manage Documents if they have enabled Documents for their space.
The Documents that appear in spaces are separate to the system Documents section and only appear within the Space.
Roles / Permissions: Space Owners/Admins
Adding Folders / Links / Files / Space Documents
- From the Space Navigation menu, click on “Documents”
- To add a new item, click “Add” on the top right corner of the Documents table
- Select “Folder, File” if you would like to create a folder, link to a cloud-hosted file, or upload a file
- Select “Space Document” if you would like to create a Space Document
For a folder:
- Choose its location (top level if visible outright or nested within another folder)
- Label it - save button will remain greyed out unless a label is added
- Click “Save”
Note: expiry dates can be added to documents - check out this article for setting expiry dates on documents
For a Space Document:
Space Documents live within the Documents section in Spaces. They are article style pieces of content that can contain attachments.
Upon creation, Space Documents will appear in the space feed and on the main activity feed for members of that space. The goal is to allow for the creation of document style content within the platform, and also to encourage engagement directly on each Space Document.
Space Owners/Admins can create Space Documents.
For a step by step guide on how to create Space Documents please check out this article here.
Editing or Deleting Items
- To edit an item, use the “Manage” drop down menu for the specific item and select "Edit". Change the details as needed in the Edit screen
- To delete an item, click “delete” from the same drop down menu.
- To feature or promote a document or link, click “Manage” and from the drop down select “feature”.
- You can also feature Space Documents from within the Space Document editor.
- Featured documents and links will appear in the featured carousel at the top of the Documents section, within the dedicated Featured section, and also on a widget next to the space feed
- Note: Folders cannot be featured.
Are there differences between 'Space-level documents' and 'Platform-level' documents?
- Yes there are some differences and these are listed below.
- For more information on how to add 'Platform-level' documents please check out this article here.
- Reside in the Documents tab in a Space
- Space members can see the documents / all users can see the documents if the space is public
- Reside in the Documents section
- Audience members can see the documents (Everyone or Team(s))