Adding Custom Fields to the 'Other Information' widget on your employees' profiles is a great way to personalize the Workvivo experience.
This allows employees to fill out extra pre-configured User Profile fields, or it allows your organization to populate some additional employee information via the user provisioning source.
These custom fields are customizable and can be used for a variety of use cases.
Device(s): Desktop and Mobile
- Working Hours
- Question prompts eg. Favorite Color, Favorite Movie etc.
- Additional Contact Details eg. other email, work phone number etc.
- Languages Spoken
- Assistant's Contact Details
- Personal Blog or Website URL
- Personal Pronouns (see more information here)
- Desk No.
- Phonetic Name Pronounciation
- Dietary Restrictions
Once populated, Custom Fields fields display on the right hand side of a user's Workvivo profile on web browser underneath system widgets.
On the Mobile App you can view populated custom fields on a users profile by clicking the three dots on the to right and selecting "Other Information"
User Controlled Custom Fields
This type of custom field is defined by your organization, however the data in each custom field is populated by your users within the Workvivo system. The data in these fields is not mandatory.
Please Contact your Workvivo Customer Experience Manager to configure custom field(s) for you. Please provide the name of the field and field type from the options below.
- Text Single Line: Short Open Text Custom Field, Example - "Favorite Color". User can input any text.
- Text Multi Line: Long Open Text Custom Field, Example - "Office Address". User can input any text.
- URL: Suitable for URL based Custom Fields, e.g. Personal Blog URL
- Single Select: User can select one option from a pre-defined list of options e.g. Gender. For this custom field please provide your Workvivo Customer Experience Manager with your predefined list of options
- Multi Select: User can select one or many option(s) from a pre-defined list of options e.g. Languages Spoken. For this custom field please provide your Workvivo Customer Experience Manager with your predefined list of options
Editing your Personal Custom Fields within Workvivo (On the Web Browser)
1. Click on your Profile Avatar & Select "Edit Profile"
2. Select "Other Details"
4. Edit Individual Fields
Editing your Personal Custom Fields within Workvivo (On the Mobile App)
You can also update/edit Personal Custom Fields on mobile by clicking on your avatar on the top left of the Mobile Application. This will open the sidebar menu.
Click on the avatar / profile photo in the sidebar menu to access your profile page.
Click on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and select 'Other Information' from the
list of options.
From here you can edit any of the available editable Personal Custom Fields and select "Done" to save your changes.
Note: By design, Admins do not have access to edit a Users Custom Field data.
Provisioning Controlled Custom Fields
It is also possible to populate a Custom Field of type 'Text Single Line' via your automated user provisioning source.
File Based Provisioning:
Add additional column(s) to the employee file, and use this data to populate custom field(s). Please reach out to your Customer Experience Manager to let them know the new column heading for the custom field configuration e.g. "Favorite Color" column heading
SCIM API Provisioning:
It is possible to map an Active Directory attribute to a Custom Field. Please ask your Customer Experience Manager for mapping instructions.
Note: Your User Provisioning method is used as the source of truth for these custom fields. If you would like to edit the data it will need to be edited at the source (i.e. the employee file or the Active Directory data).
Users will see the information under "Edit Profile" > "Other Details" however it will be read-only.