From the Badges section in the Explore tab in the top navigation bar, system Admins and Badge Admins can create and assign custom badges to team members.
Badges are customizable, so Admins and Badge Admins can create badges that align with your organization's culture and core values.
Roles / Permissions: Admins and Badge Admins
Create a Badge
- In the Badges section, click the "Create Badge" button on the top right corner.
- Upload a Badge icon (200px x 200px)
- Give your Badge a title
- Add a Description (max 190 characters)
- Select type = "Standard" - this badge must be manually assigned by an Admin or Badge Manager (there are no system criteria set up to ensure auto-assignment)
- Add a message and Award image that pops up when people receive the badge
You can preview the award notification screen that recipients will see by saving & clicking "Preview Award"
You can also "Enable Confetti" to celebrate the recipient receiving their badge
Assigning a Standard Badge
Once a badge is created, a system Admin or Badge Admin can award them to a colleague.
To assign a badge:
- Click on the badge that you want to assign
- Click “Assign Badge”
- Select a user from the dropdown or assign to multiple users by pasting in one email address per line (note the email address must match the email on their Workvivo account)
Alternatively, you can open a team member’s profile on Desktop and click ”Assign Badge” from within their profile.
Receiving a Badge
When a colleague receives a badge, where enabled, they'll receive an email, a push notification and an in-app notification.
When they click on the notification they will get a pop-up on screen showing the badges details, and perhaps some confetti!
Note: Badges don't generate an automated post on the activity feed when a badge is assigned so you could draw attention to recent recipients in a post or article.
Revoking a Badge
You can also remove a badge from a user.
To Remove a badge:
- Click into their profile.
- Select "View All" on the badges widget on the right hand side of the users profile.
- Click "Revoke"
Deleting a Badge
1. Click into the Badges section in the Admin Panel.
2. Click on the badge you want to delete.
3. Click "Edit"
4. Click "Delete"
Note: This will also delete the badge for all users that have received it. Once a badge is removed it is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered and you can't see who previously had the badge assigned to them.