Badges are a company-wide way to drive engagement in the workplace and boost employee recognition. They can also raise awareness of employee contributions in the organisation.
- Standard Badges - assigned by Admins on an ad-hoc basis.
- Automated Badges for custom rules - automatically assigned to users who meet. certain criteria around platform engagement.
- Automated badges for work anniversaries / milestones.
Device(s): Desktop and Mobile
Roles / Permissions: Every user
Why use Badges?
Badges help to create a personal process of social recognition and awareness. Badges are a great way to:
- Elevate employee engagement
- Encourage goal-setting behavior
- Showcase employee skills and achievements
- Promote diversity and inclusion
- Increase motivation for professional development
- Identify and fill skill gaps
- Identify specialist or affinity group members
With Workvivo’s badge functionality you can create custom badges to recognize people across various categories or for meeting certain criteria.
From the Badges section in the Explore tab in the top navigation bar, system Admins and Badge Admins can create and assign custom badges to team members.
Examples of Badges
- Award Nominee / Winner
- Top Performer e.g. Sales, Recruitment, Customer Service
- X Skill Certified
- X Training Course Completed
Contribution to the Community Examples:
- Career Counsellor / Mentor
- First Aider
- Fire Warden
- Mental Health Ally
- LGBT Ally
- Autism Champion
- Covid Response Rep
- Blood Donor
- Star Volunteer
Social & Engagement Examples:
- Tea Lover/Coffee Lover
- Pet Owner
- The Motivator
- Best Socks / Best Mug
- Best Background Star (awarded to those whose families or pets made an entertaining appearance on video calls)
- X Event Attendee (use badges to gamify event attendance)
Where do colleagues see badges?
When a badge is assigned to a colleague, they will receive a notification.
The badge appears under their profile on desktop and mobile. In this example, the team member has 6 badges assigned.
You can view all Badges by navigating to 'Badges' from the Explore tab, if you click on any badge it will show you everyone that has been awarded that badge.