Leverage employees’ social channels to amplify the reach of your organization's news and thought leadership, helping to build brand awareness, promote employee loyalty and drive business!
Our Social Advocacy capability supports the sharing of posts with publicly available external content to the following social media channels:
Device(s): Desktop and mobile
Roles / Permissions: Admin by default, permission can be granted to additional employees by Workvivo
Who can enable the Social Advocacy function?
The Social Advocacy feature is available to Admin users by default but it can also be granted to additional employees.
When posting an update with external content on Workvivo, colleagues with the Social Advocacy permission can choose to make the post shareable by colleagues through their social channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.
As well as your Marketing and Social Media teams, identify the right champions for boosting your brand advocacy programme. You may already know colleagues who have embraced the sharing of company-curated content with their social networks!
How to enable the Social Advocacy function
For Admins & users with the Social Advocacy permission:-
To set up:
- Add external content to your update by pasting a URL, wait a few seconds for the link box to render (remove the URL text to make it neater)
- Click 'Social Advocacy: OFF' to switch on Social Advocacy
- In the Social Advocacy screen that pops up, enable 'Allow users to share this link via social channels’
- In the Default Share Text section, add suggested text for your colleagues to use when posting to their social channels. This is optional but it does greatly help to increase the quality and relevance of the message when posted on employee social channels (Colleagues will still have the option to edit this and write their own message when sharing)
- Click "OK"
- Social Advocacy: ON is now showing
- Type your message
- Select your audience
- When ready, click "Post"
- When posted, colleagues will see the 'Share This' icon
- As they share it, the shared count will increase
- Clicking on this will open the Shares screen
- You can see how many times the post was shared to each social channel and by whom
Promoting Social Sharing
Top Tip: Create a dedicated space where all posts shared to that space have Social Advocacy enabled.
- Space Name: Name your space something like News to Share, Social Campaigns or Press Releases. This makes it really clear to employees that all of the posts can be shared to their social channels.
- Description: Add a description like "In this space you will find all our COMPANY content, ready-to-share externally, including a suggested message. Click the "Share This" button at the bottom of a post to get started."
- Space Settings: Restrict general members from posting in the space so it is only Space Owners / Admins with the social advocacy permission that can post updates with external links to the space.
- Promote an article in your space that also gives instructions.
- "We have created this Workvivo space to help you find and share COMPANY content, ready for external use. Every post visible in has the social-sharing function enabled, allowing you to share the post to the social media network of your choice - all in a couple of clicks!
For additional information, please contact your Workvivo Customer Experience Manager.