As an Admin, it is possible to proactively identify keywords and phrases that do not meet the platform's Acceptable Use Policy or Terms & Conditions. These keywords can form the basis of automated Content Moderation checks on Workvivo.
With keyword-based flagging, an alert pops up if a user tries to use any of the inappropriate keywords / regex in the following content types:
- Questions / Answers
- Space Links
The user is prevented from publishing the content until they remove that word or phrase.
Device(s): Desktop and Mobile, Desktop for setup
Roles / Permissions: Admins can add any word, sentence, regex that require moderation on the platform.
Setting up Content Moderation Checks
The inappropriate keywords/sentences or regex's can be configured easily by a System Admin.
In the Administration section:
- Navigate to Content Moderation
- Under 'Excluded posts that match the following words / sentences', enter each word/sentence on a new line
- These should also be translated to other languages if your organization has multiple languages.
- The list should also include words that may be written using asterisks
- Under 'Excluded posts that match the following regex', enter each regex (a sequence of numbers e.g. credit card numbers) on a separate line
- You should include Content Moderation Terms and Conditions that explain why a post was flagged e.g. Content that contains any of the following is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated; Obscene comments, Profanities, Spam, or spam-like messages
Moderating User Content
If a user is creating content containing inappropriate language, when they click 'Post/Publish', a pop-up will alert that user that there may be inappropriate words or phrases contained within the text.
The user is notified that the content includes words or phrases that violate the Content Moderation Terms & Conditions of usage. They can open and view the Terms & Conditions for more information on why their post may have been flagged.
They will not be able to publish until they remove those word(s) or phrase(s).
Once the flagged word, sentence or regex has been removed, the user will then be able to post their update.
URL Malware Scanning
To ensure malicious links cannot be launched from Workvivo, the platform will scan attributes of any link added to content by using Google's Web Risk API. Users can add links to various content types on the platform including:
- Questions & Answers
- Space Links
Based on Google's Web Risk API response we will allow or block the link as seen below:
When a link is blocked, Workvivo will automatically send an email to the security team of your organization. The email will contain important information including:
- User, Timestamp, Suspicious Link, Log Event Reference ID
The email will also include a link to Google Web Risk which explains why this specific URL is considered suspicious.