Reported posts are posts which have been flagged by users if they deem them to be violating the Acceptable Usage Policy. Any user can report a post if they feel it doesn't adhere to the Terms & Conditions of the platform.
Device(s): Desktop and Mobile
Roles / Permissions: Any user can report a post
Reporting a Post
Reported posts are posts which have been flagged by users if they deem them to be violating the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- On the activity feed, any user can click the More Actions (…) button beside a post and select Report Post.
- A reason must be provided when reporting a post.
- Admins and Moderators are notified that a post has been reported.
Note: The author of the post is not notified that their post has been reported.
Managing a Reported Post
- When a post is reported, Admins and Moderators receive a notification.
- The post is still visible to its audience in the feed when flagged.
- A ‘pending report’ message appears above the post for Admins and Moderators to see.
- Admins or Moderators can click on this banner to view the reason for reporting the post.
- They can click ‘ignore’ at the end of the reason to ignore the reported post or they can click the More Actions (…) button and ‘Delete Post’ to delete it.
- It's important to note that once a post has been ignored this is acknowledging the post does not contain content that is considered to be violating the Acceptable Usage Policy.
Note: The person who reported the post will not be notified of the outcome. The Admin / Moderator should reach out to this person separately, especially if it was decided to ignore the reported post.
If a post is reported, the post creator does not receive a notification when is it reported, nor do they receive a notification if their post is deleted.
It is advisable to inform someone that their post was reported, this helps educate team members on what content and tone is appropriate for the platform.
Once a reported post has been deleted it is removed from the platform, therefore these posts will not appear when reporting on content analytics.
Reporting On Mobile Device
Reporting posts can also be achieved on your Workvivo mobile app in a similar fashion to desktop.
- Click the three dots (...) next to the post you wish to report
- Give reason for reporting
- Admins and moderators are notified that a post has been reported.