Shout-outs or Kudos are a great way to recognise a colleague for an achievement or to thank someone for their help and support. When giving a shout-out, focus on the individual rather than an entire department / office so that your colleague gets the recognition they deserve.
Device(s): Desktop & Mobile
Roles / Permissions: All Users can post a shoutout / kudos
Choosing the Label and Icon
By default, the label for a shout-out is 'shout-out' but you can choose an alternative for your organisation if another phrase would resonate better. Popular labels include kudos, thank you, high five. This works best if English is the primary language in your organisation.
You can also choose the icon - either a megaphone or thumbs-up.
Chat to your Workvivo point of contact to learn more.
How to give a Shout-out
- To give a shout-out/kudos, click on the "What's going on?" message box in the main activity feed and type your message.
- Upload an image / GIF / video to make your post stand out and draw attention to your colleague(s)!
- Click on the megaphone / thumbs-up icon to select colleague(s) or team(s)
- Make sure you select the relevant audience for your post
- Once you're ready, click Post
Your colleague will get a notification saying that they’ve received a shout-out from you!!
Notifying Managers of Shout-outs Received
There is another setting that you can enable for your organisation if you have provided manager info - all managers can be notified when their direct reports receive a shout-out so that they can jump into Workvivo and show their support too!