Short bursts of video (ideally no longer than 60-90 seconds) can be a hugely powerful and memorable way to capture an update or tell a story. With a good smartphone, making professional-looking videos is very easy and straightforward.
Device(s): Videos can be uploaded to / embedded in a post on desktop and mobile
Roles / Permissions: Every user can share a video
There are 2 ways to share a video in a post:
- Uploading a file (.mp4 or .mov)
- Embedding a video (YouTube or Vimeo URL)
- .mp4 format is preferred, .mov is supported, .wmv is not supported
- Optimal video dimensions: 1280x720
- Make sure your video has a nice thumbnail so that it engages from the activity feed
- Upload speed varies based on internet speed and file size. Do not refresh your browser / close the tab / close the app while uploading
- Size must not exceed 5GB
- click the “What’s going on” box at the top of your Workvivo activity feed
- type your message
- select the “Upload a File” option
- choose “Video” and select the video file
- wait for the video to upload
- choose your audience
- Post when ready
once the video is posted, you will see a 'Please Stand By' message while the video processes. Your post is hidden from other users until the video processing has completed.
Videos are uploaded by clicking the “Upload” button on the update creation window on the mobile app. You can then click "Upload Video" and browse your device library to find the perfect video for your shout-outs / value updates / polls.
Videos can be embedded in a post if you paste the URL from YouTube or Vimeo. To embed a video:
- Click 'What's going on?'
- Type your message
- Paste the URL
- Wait a few seconds for the video to appear
- You can delete the URL text to make it look neater
The video will now be available to play in-app.