Send Push was developed to facilitate critical communications to a Global / Team / Space audience but it is also extremely useful for:
- sharing important business updates or messages that you want to draw your teams' attention to.
- critical updates e.g. office closure alerts, IT security alerts or severe weather warnings.
- giving teasers or amplifying great news stories - helping to entice team members onto the platform to find out more.
Device(s): Desktop and Mobile
Roles / Permissions: Users with the permission 'Send Push'
How Send Push Works
Users with the 'Send Push' permission can send a customised notification on a particular post and employees will receive a notification on mobile or email, depending on their notification settings in Workvivo.
- If an employee has mobile push notifications enabled/allowed for the Workvivo App, they will get a push notification
- If an employee has email notifications enabled in their Workvivo Notification Settings, they will get an email notification
- If an employee has both push notifications and email notifications enabled, they will get two notifications.
- If an employee does not have notifications enabled, they will not get a notification
- Only users who have logged in and enabled notifications will receive the 'Send Push' notification
- The user who sends the update does not receive any notification.
There is also a Force Push option (explained below) which will trigger an email notification to all users in the audience, even if they have not logged into the platform or registered yet.
How to Send Push on an Update
Regardless of role, a user requires an additional permission to 'send push'. To grant the Send Push permission to selected user accounts, please liaise with your Workvivo point of contact.
- Click the more menu ‘...’
- Select ‘Send Push’ from the dropdown menu
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Add text for the notification that employees will see.
- If you Send Push on a post to a Team or Space, by default it will push to that audience only. You have the option to override this and send to everyone in the organization instead. Check the box: "Ignore teams and spaces, send this to every employee"
Note: Send Push was designed to facilitate important or critical communications to a Global / Team / Space audience and so doesn't support a Followers audience. If you Send Push on an update which was posted to Followers, it will push to Everyone (Global).
When creating the push notification you also have the option to ‘Force push notification’.
If you use this on a particular post:
- an email notification will be generated regardless of that user's Email Notification settings (as long as they have a valid email address)
- all users in that audience will receive an email, including those who have never logged in to the Workvivo platform
This makes sure that everyone gets the message by email.
Receiving a Notification from a Send Push
The push notification comes from the user who sent the push. If you would like to send a push on behalf of your CEO for example, you would need to switch to their account first. Check out this article to learn about delegate access.
- On mobile, a push notification will appear on your screen. Clicking on this will bring you to the piece of content.
- When received via email, it follows this format:
- Subject : shared a message with you from Workvivo.
- Button: The 'Open Workvivo' button will bring you to the piece of content the Send Push was used on when clicked.
- Body: The body will show your Send Push message: We have a number of sessions planned to spread awareness around Disability, read the full programme here
Note on Do Not Disturb hours
If you have set up Do Not Disturb hours/days for your organization for particular times or days, a notification will still be issued from a 'Send Push' as it's important people get the message.
To update your organization's Do Not Disturb Hours, go to the Admin Dashboard Localization.