Typically anyone can create a Community space but your organization might have restricted this permission to System Admins & Space Managers only.
Before creating a space, you should know:
- who the Space Owner(s) and Admin(s) are - to ensure the space is sustainable, you need a few people who will lead content generation and maintain the direction of the space
- the purpose of the space - this sets the vision and direction of the space which should be outlined in the Space Description
- what types of content the Owners plan to publish - ideally they plan posts, events, and articles around a key pillar of conversation to ensure the longevity of the space
- We recommend that all Space Owners create a Content Calendar for the first 1-2 months and continue planning content after that
- If a space is no longer required or there is little to no activity, the space should be archived after a review
Roles / Permissions: All users or System Admins & Space Managers only (depending on your organization's settings)
How do I create a Community Space?
On desktop, from the navigation bar, click “Spaces”
- Click “Create New Space” on the left-hand side and the Create Space window appears
- Upload an icon (200px x 200px) and a banner (2000px x 474px)
- Add details including Name, Description
- Select Categories (these must be created first in order to select)
- Choose the Features (content types) that space owners and admins should be able to use and create - news articles, events, space documents, and or pages
- Is this a community or corporate space? Choose Community
- Is this a mandatory space? Optional membership means members can choose to leave the space. If it's a mandatory membership space, once they join or are enrolled in the space, they cannot opt out / leave the space.
- Is this space open to external users? If you are creating a space for staff, this is an Internal space. Speak to your Workvivo point of contact to learn more about external spaces.
- Who can join this space? Choose whether it’s Public or Private (or Hidden if this option is enabled for your organization)
- Who can post content on this space? Choose who can post updates to the space – all members or just space owners, space admins and moderators. Note: All members will still be able to like and comment on content even if they cannot post
- Click "Save" when ready
How do I edit my Space?
Once a Space is created, the Space Owner or Space Admin can edit the above settings at any time. Open the Space and click "Edit Space" from the Space Management menu.