An @mention ties an Individual, Team, Department or Space to an update or comments thread and helps with story-telling. An @mention creates a hyperlink that directs you to a person's profile, the space or the team.
@Mentions notify team members that they have been tagged which promotes engagement and interaction!
Device(s): Desktop and mobile
Roles / Permissions: Every user
How to @Mention / Tag in an Update
Mentioning a colleague or team in an update is easy.
- When creating an update select the @ key in your keyboard on desktop or mobile.
- Start typing a colleague's name, department or location.
- Click the person / team you want to tag from the dropdown.
- Post your update and your colleague / team will get a notification that they were tagged.
How to @Mention / Tag in a Comment
Comments improve the quality of updates and conversations so make sure to loop in colleagues who would be interested in joining the discussion or sharing their knowledge.
To tag a colleague in a comment:
- Click on the comments speech bubble icon under a post on desktop or mobile to open the Comments window.
- Click into the text box saying "Leave a comment"
- Type your message and select the @ key on your keyboard to @Mention a colleague.
- Start typing the first few letters of a colleague's name or the name of a department/ location.
- Click the option that you want to tag from the drop down.
- When you post, the person / team you tagged will get a notification.