Workvivo supports User-Based Access Control meaning that there are different roles and permissions available to users. Within Spaces, there are a number of different roles available. These include:
- Space Owners
- Space Admins
- Space Moderators
- Space Member
To learn about the different roles, you can open the Space Roles glossary from the Manage Access section of your space.
Click on the ? icon beside 'Filter Members by Role' and the Space Roles glossary opens.
What is a Space Owner?
A Space Owner owns the space, they have the highest level of permissions within a space.
- They can manage space security, invite new members, edit the space settings & details, view analytics, etc.
- They can also:
- Publish news articles
- Create events
- Create pages
- Create space documents
- Update the Links section
- Note: General space members cannot create / edit the above.
- They can set up sub-space relationships between the spaces they manage.
- The Space Owner can archive the Space if it’s no longer required.
What is a Space Admin?
A Space Admin can do everything a Space Owner can with the following exceptions:
- They cannot archive the space
- They cannot promote members to the role of Owner or Admin
What is a Space Moderator?
A Space Moderator can invite users to join the space and pin posts within the space.
What is a Space Member?
A Space member has general access to participate in the space e.g. post updates, create space documents, ask questions.
Note: If posting is restricted to space moderators, admins, owners - a member can only like and comment.
What permissions are available to System Admins or Space Managers in Spaces?
Regardless of who the Space Owner or Space Admin is of a space, System Admins and Space Managers can:
- Manage Space Access - Remove a member or promote a member to a higher role (Note: they cannot promote themselves)
- Invite colleagues to the space and view the list of invited Space Members
- View Space Analytics
- Edit a Space (details, imagery, type, posting controls etc.)
Note: If it’s a private space, system Admins and the overall Space Manager will be able to action the above without seeing the space content.
Managing Access within a Space
Once colleagues have joined your space as members, as a Space Owner you can promote them to another role within the space if needed. Admins can also support with this task.
- Go to the Spaces section
- Open the Space
- Click the "Admin" button and then "Manage Access” from the drop-down
- Change the role type for any member
- You can also remove a member
Note: Only the Space Owner can promote another member to the role of Owner or Admin. An Admin can promote someone to Moderator only.