There are a number of ways to enrol people to Spaces:
Auto-enrolling Everyone / Teams into Default Spaces
- If a Default Space is setup, each new joiner to the organisation / that team will automatically get enrolled in that space.
- Enrolling individuals to Spaces on a case by case basis. The user will be made a member, there is no need to invite them.
Enrolling users by Manager
- To enrol users based on who their manager is we can map a space to a manager ID.
Device(s): Desktop to set up
Note: If you wish to enrol users by manager. Please email email@example.com to get this set up.
Roles / Permissions: System Admin
How To Auto-enrol Everyone / Teams to a Space
It is possible to auto-enrol Everyone in the company or particular Teams (Departments/Locations) to a specific space by setting it up as a default space.
This means that:
- any new joiners will automatically be added to the Space when they start in the company.
- If a person moves to another Team, they will get added to that Team's default spaces.
Note: To maintain knowledge and connections made, a user is not removed from a default space if they change Team. They can either opt to leave the Space or the Space Owner /Admin can remove them as a member via the Manage Access section.
As a system Admin, go to the Spaces section
Click "Manage Default Spaces"
Under 'Configure default spaces', choose which group you want to enrol from the drop-down, either:
A Team (where a team is a group set up in the Teams Directory)
Under 'Add new space', select the space from the list
Once you are happy with your selection, click "Add to default"
This may take some minutes to process based on the size of the group to be enrolled
Repeat this for each team you wish to enrol in the space.
Note: Once a team / everyone has been enrolled in a Space, it can't be undone i.e. individuals would have to leave the space themselves or the space owner/admin would have to manually remove them one by one from the Manage Access section.
How To Enrol Individuals to a Space
There is a function which allows a system Admin or Space Manager to auto-enrol people in a space. There is no need to invite colleagues with this approach.
Please contact your Workvivo project manager or Workvivo support to enable this setting for your organisation.
1. Open the space
2. Click the "Admin" button and then "Enrol Members” from the drop-down
3. Select colleagues from the list OR paste their email addresses in a list (no commas, sei-colons or spaces between them)
4. Colleagues will be added as a member shortly
How To Enrol Users By Manager
To enrol users based on their manager we can map a space to a manager ID, which means all of a managers direct and indirect reports would be added to this space. In addition to this, if a user changes reporting lines, their space membership will also be removed.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get this set up.