Corporate Spaces appear at the top of the Spaces section as they are promoted by leadership and should have relevancy across the organisation. Corporate Spaces are always public and visible to everyone.
- Only system Admins have permissions to create Corporate Spaces.
- The Corporate label can be changed to another word (under 11 characters) e.g. 'Promoted', 'Business'. Let your Workvivo point of contact know if you would like to change the label.
Before creating a Corporate space, you should know:
- who the Space Owner(s) and Admin(s) are - to ensure the space is sustainable, you need a few people who will lead content generation and maintain the direction of the space
- the purpose of the space - this sets the vision and direction of the space which should be explained clearly in the Space Description
- what types of content the Owners plan to publish - this should be posts, Pages, events, and articles around a key theme or pillar of conversation to ensure the longevity of the space
- We recommend that all Space Owners create a Content Calendar for the first 1-2 months and continue planning content after that
- If a space is no longer required or there is little to no activity, the space should be archived after a review every 3-6 months
Roles / Permissions: System Admins
How do Admins create a Corporate Space?
On desktop, from the navigation bar, click “Spaces”
- Click “Create New Space” on the left-hand side and the Create Space window appears
- Upload an icon (200px x 200px) and a banner (2000px x 474px)
- Add details including Name, Description
- Select Categories (these must be created first in order to select)
- Choose the Features (content types) that space owners and admins should be able to use and create - news articles, events, space documents, and or pages
- Is this a community or corporate space? Choose Corporate
- Is this a mandatory space? Optional membership means members can choose to leave the space. If it's a Mandatory membership space, once they join or are enrolled in the space, a member cannot opt out / leave the space. You may like to use this for spaces where there are important business updates or alerts.
- Is this space open to external users? If you are creating a Corporate space, this is always Internal.
- Who can join this space? A Corporate space must be Public
- Who can post content on this space? Choose who can post updates to the space – all members or just space owners, space admins and moderators. Note: All members will still be able to like and comment on content even if they cannot post
- Click "Save" when ready