Promote and socialize upcoming Livestreams by linking them to events in Workvivo.
If you wish to use this feature please submit a request via the Help Center to enable this functionality for your Workvivo.
Device(s): Desktop for setup, Users can access the livestream on web or mobile
Roles / Permissions: Admin, Event Editor
Adding a Livestream to an Event
- Begin by creating an event on Workvivo, or if you have an event setup already, you can choose to edit this event.
- In the right hand panel you will see an option to associate a livestream with the event.
- The event audience and description will carry over to the livestream.
- You can also allow attendees to RSVP and registrants will receive a notification 10 minutes before the live stream is due to start.
- If is not set up as an RSVP event, all users in the event audience will receive a notification 10 minutes prior to the scheduled event start time.
Starting a Livestream from an Event
Once saved, the Event appears in the feed for the audience to see.
On the event card, there is a “Start Livestream” button which users with the necessary permissions (Admins or Event Editors) can click to start the broadcast - the livestream doesn't start automatically.
- Any Admin or Event Editor can start the livestream - it does not need to be the event creator.
Colleagues will see the countdown to the livestream on their device. If the scheduled time has passed and the Livestream hasn't started yet, the button text will read “Starting Soon”.
If the livestream was recorded, after the live stream ends the recording of the event will be made available via the event card.