Events are a great way to keep people informed of social events, webinars, conferences, external events, compulsory training deadlines etc.
When should they be used?
- To inform colleagues of upcoming webinars or conferences
- To share external events that might be of interest to colleagues
- To notify colleagues of upcoming compliance training or audit deadlines
- To promote social events
- To celebrate a milestone e.g. 5th year company anniversary
Roles / Permissions: Admin/ Editor/ Event Editor/Space Owner & Space Admin
As an Editor, you can create global Events or events for different team(s).
- From the drop down menu under Explore open News
- From the Events section, click “Manage Events” (cog icon) on the right hand side
- The Manage Events section appears.
- From here, you can:
- Create a new event
- Edit an event (edit or delete)
- View content analytics on each event
- View future and past events
Creating an Event
- From the Events section, click the “Manage Events” button (cog icon) on the right-hand side
- The Manage Events section appears
- Click the “New Event” button
- Enter the details
- Summary: This section will be carried over if a user selects 'Add Event to Calendar'. Include all relevant info. Note that the summary section is plain text only e.g. doesn't support hyperlinks
- Description: This is not carried over if a user selects 'Add Event to Calendar'. Description field supports html (formatting, hyperlinks, etc.)
- Top Tip: Always include a featured image to make your event pop! Recommended dimensions: landscape image 500x250px
- Set the Audience by clicking on the default audience – choose space(s) / team(s)
- Click “Save” to post your event
Add a Booking / Call-to-Action Button
At the end of the Create / Edit Event form window, there is an option to add Booking Button Text and a Booking Button URL.
This could be used for any call-to-action and the link could be for your virtual conference call, a booking form or a third party event registration site.
“Book your seat”, “Register here” and “Join here” will all catch colleagues’ attention when the event appears in the main activity feed.
Note: The booking button URL must start with https:// or http://
- When published, Events appear as an update in the main activity feed for the members of the audience. Events do not generate a notification when published.
- The next 2 events relevant to each user will appear in their Upcoming Events widget on the Workvivo Activity homepage
- The Event post re-appears at the top of the main feed the day before and day of the event as a reminder.
- Add an Event to your device calendar using the 'Add to Calendar' button - https://workvivo.kayako.com/article/323-adding-events-to-calendar
Note: If you are using the Billboards feature these will always appear at the top of the activity. The event will display below the Billboard.
Editing Events already Created
You can edit an event after you have created it
1. Click Explore from the top navigation bar.
2. Click Events.
3. Click Manage Events.
4. Click Manage on the chosen Event.
5. Click Edit.
Then change the event details and Click Save.