Events are a great way to keep people informed of social events, webinars, conferences, external events, compulsory training deadlines etc.
When should they be used?
- To inform colleagues of upcoming webinars or conferences
- To share external events that might be of interest to colleagues
- To notify colleagues of upcoming compliance training or audit deadlines
- To promote social events
- To celebrate a milestone e.g. 5th year company anniversary
Roles / Permissions: Admin/ Editor/ Event Editor/Space Owner & Space Admin
As an Editor, you can create global Events or events for different team(s).
- Go to Workvivo on desktop and from the navigation bar, open News
- From the Events section, click “Manage Events” (cog icon) on the right hand side
- The Manage Events section appears.
- From here, you can:
- Create a new event
- Edit an event (edit or delete)
- View content analytics on each event
- View future and past events
Creating an Event
- From the Events section, click the “Manage Events” button (cog icon) on the right-hand side
- The Manage Events section appears
- Click the “New Event” button
- Enter the details
- Summary: This section will be carried over if a user selects 'Add Event to Calendar'. Include all relevant info. Note that the summary section is plain text only e.g. doesn't support hyperlinks
- Description: This is not carried over if a user selects 'Add Event to Calendar'. Description field supports html (formatting, hyperlinks, etc.)
- Top Tip: Always include a featured image to make your event pop! Recommended dimensions: landscape image 500x250px
- Set the Audience by clicking on the default audience – choose space(s) / team(s)
- Click “Save” to post your event
Add a Booking / Call-to-Action Button
At the end of the Create / Edit Event form window, there is an option to add Booking Button Text and a Booking Button URL.
This could be used for any call-to-action and the link could be for your virtual conference call, a booking form or a third party event registration site.
“Book your seat”, “Register here” and “Join here” will all catch colleagues’ attention when the event appears in the main activity feed.
Note: The booking button URL must start with https:// or http://
- When published, Events appear as an update in the main activity feed for the members of the audience. Events do not generate a notification when published.
- The next 2 events relevant to each user will appear in their Upcoming Events widget on the Workvivo Activity homepage
- The Event post re-appears at the top of the main feed the day before and day of the event as a reminder.
- Add an Event to your device calendar using the 'Add to Calendar' button - https://workvivo.kayako.com/article/323-adding-events-to-calendar