Events are a great way to keep people informed of social events, webinars, conferences, external events, compulsory training deadlines etc. Keep your Space Events calendar full of exciting events!
Roles / Permissions: Space Owner / Space Admin
Create an Event in a Space
- Navigate to the Events section of your Space
- From the Events section, click the “Manage Events” button (cog icon) on the right-hand side
- The Manage Events section appears and from here you can view upcoming and past events and edit and create new events
- Click “New Event”
- Enter the details - Title, Location, Start Date, End Date, Summary, Description (optional)
- You have the option to link your event to a third party site (e.g. registration or ticket site or video call link) and can create a booking/join button, which, once clicked will bring you to this site
- Upload a cover image that will feature in the activity feed - make sure it's landscape orientation and has an aspect ratio of 2:1 for best results
- The Audience is already set to the space, you cannot change the audience
- Click “Save”
Promoting your Event
Once saved, your event appears on the main and Space activity feed for the space members.
It will also display in the Upcoming Events widget on the right-hand side of the Activity Page on Desktop, and on the Activity Page of your Space, if it's one of the next 2 events scheduled to take place for the Space members.
To draw attention to the event, you could also choose to pin it to the top of your Space feed for a period of time.
Editing / Deleting an Event
If you wish to edit or delete an event navigate back to the "Manage Events" section in your Space.
Click Edit next to the Event you wish to edit or delete.
- Once you have made your edits, click "Save" to save your changes
- Click "Delete" to delete the event