On Workvivo, the Activity Feed is personalised to you. Only articles and updates published to Everyone /“Global” audience or to the “Teams”, “Locations” or “Spaces” you're a member of appear in your Activity Feed.
General User Posting Controls
By default, Workvivo is designed so that any person can post to a global audience i.e. Everyone in your organization. Allowing employees to post to everyone fosters a culture of knowledge and story sharing. For organizations <3,500></3,500>
If a user does not want to post to everyone, they can change the audience by click on the globe icon. They can then choose Space(s) they're a member of OR their team.
For larger organisations, or where you foresee or enjoy a high volume of posts from content creators, you may prefer to change the posting controls.
There are a number of options available and your Workvivo Point of Contact will be happy to speak about the merits and considerations of each in more detail.
It is possible to:
- limit “General Employee” users to posting to Spaces only. (Admins and Editors can still post to Everyone)
- limit “General Employee” users to posting to Spaces and their Team(s) only. (Admins and Editors can still post to Everyone)
Admin and Editor Posting Controls
Admins and Editors can also post to Teams that they are not a part of. They will also see content for other Teams for content moderation purposes.
Here is an example of an update posted to 'New York', which the Admin is not a part of.
Although they see Team content, Admins cannot see Space content unless they are a member of that space.
Global Posting vs Posting to Spaces
As Workvivo matures and evolves within your organization, it's important to seek and listen to colleague feedback to ensure an optimum employee experience.
If you discover from speaking with people across different business areas that the newsfeed has been getting too busy and it’s hard to see relevant information to their role or area, you may need to provide refresher training or revisit the posting settings.
1. Does every colleague know how to select the most suitable audience when posting?
2. Are there frequent comms that could be posted to a Space instead of directly to the main feed? e.g. IT & Cybersecurity housekeeping reminders & updates
3. Are the correct posting controls in place in all spaces where lots of people are enrolled?
For example, in a HR Updates space - Should everyone be able to post in here or should it be a one-way comms channel led by HR?
4. Should the spaces where everyone is enrolled be Mandatory or Optional? i.e. Must people see all the updates in their feed or can they leave the space (opt out) if they're not interested?
Example: CEO Updates. Should this be Mandatory, rather than Optional?
See more info on Space Design and Setup here.