Pinning global posts to to the top of the main activity feed is a great way to highlight important information and boost a post's visibility.
- Global posts are posts shared with Everyone
- This could be an update, shout-out, article, or event
Space Owners/Admins can also pin posts within their spaces - this could be an eye-catching message to all new visitors of their space.
Note: It's not currently possible to pin a post where the audience is set to a team.
Device(s): Desktop and Mobile
Roles / Permissions:
- Global Posts: Admins, Editors and those with the role 'Global Pinning' can pin global posts in the main activity feed
- Space Posts: Space Owners and Admins can pin posts within the space they manage
How to Pin a Post
To pin a Global post on the main activity feed:
- click on the “More Actions” (...) button beside the global post
- select “Pin Post”
- choose to pin it for a certain period of time or a custom date/time if preferred (it isn't advisable to pin a post for too long)
This is how the post will look when pinned on the activity feed:
Unpin From My Feed
If you would like to hide the text reading "Unpin From My Feed", you can request to update this to a Pin Logo, shown below.
To update the text to the Pin Logo, please contact your Workvivo CX Experience Manager.
Pinned Post Best Practices
- We recommend pinning business-critical posts such as important alerts, business updates, event reminders, etc. so that all staff will be aware
- Pinning posts are also effective for announcing good news and positive stories
- As a best practice, we recommend pinning no more than 2-3 posts at a time and for no longer than 3-5 days each
- As there may be a number of Admins & Editors, it's important that you coordinate on the pinning of posts
For more information on how to view and manage pinned posts check out this article.