About User Roles
Workvivo supports User Based Access Control (UBAC), e.g. only an “Admin” and “Editor” can publish global News Articles and Events.
Refer to our System Roles and Access Control Matrix when deciding who should have which role and which permissions.
What roles are available?
For the full list, see the table below. The main roles are:
- General Employee - everyone has the General Employee role by default
- Admins - this is the role with the most permissions available, a few Admins are typically required for overall platform management
- Editors - a few Editors should be assigned, these are the people responsible for posting global news articles and sharing events. They can also support Admins with managing pinned posts on the main activity feed
- Space Manager - 1 to 2 Space Managers should be assigned to support overall Spaces management and Space Owners / Admins in their roles. They can manage a space without being a member of that space. Note: If the space is Private, they cannot see its content
- Moderators - 1 to 2 moderators are recommended to support Admins with moderation activities. They can delete any update from the main activity feed (updates, shout-outs, goal/value update), excluding Articles. If a post is reported, Moderators will get notified and have authority to review and delete the post if appropriate. See our Reported Posts article for more information.
|General Employee Access|
Create and Edit All Articles
|Editor||Create & Edit Global and Team Articles
Create & Edit Global and Team Events
Pin Global Posts
Create Zoom Webinar
|Org Goal Editor||Edit Org Goals & Values|
|Event Editor||Create and Edit Global, Team and Space Events|
|Article Editor||Create and Edit Global, Team and Space Articles|
|Space Manager||Manage Space Access for all spaces
Invite Space Members
View Space Analytics
Enrol User(s) To A Space
|Badge Admin||Create Badges
|Global Pinning||Pin Global Posts and Manage Pinned Posts|
|Podcast Manager||Manage Podcasts|
|Post Scheduler||Schedule Posts|
|App Launcher Editor||
Add and Edit Apps and Documents
|People Admin||Add, Edit and Remove People
Cannot Grant / Revoke roles from Users
|Space Approver||Approve Spaces|
|Post Acknowledgements Manager||Manage Acknowledgement Posts|
|Dashboard Manager||Manage TV Dashboards|
|Developer||Granting a user the Developer role allows them to create API Apps. Those Apps can be given permissions, up to and including Admin permissions so make sure you trust the user before granting them this role.|
|It Administrator||Manage Authentication Settings|
|Billboard Manager||Manage Billboards|
|Content Writer||Edit Articles
|Media Library Manager||Manage Media Library|
|Global Pages Editor||Edit Global Pages|
Click here to learn more about Granting Roles to other users.