Editors have the ability to mark a news article as private.
When an article is marked as private, it is hidden from the drafts section of the Manage News section, meaning that only the article creator can see it. This is very useful for sensitive news articles or where you are aiming for an exciting reveal of company news!
Roles / Permissions: Admin, Editor, Article Editor
How to Mark an Article as Private
- Click on "News" from the dropdown menu under the Explore tab
- Select "Manage News" and click on "New Article"
- While creating your Article you will see the checkbox for Mark As Private
- Simply select the 'Mark As Private' checkbox when editing your article
- Once you select this checkbox, a 'Share' option appears
The private article is only visible to the creator and any user who is invited to view/edit the article.
Share your Private Article with Others
- You can invite another colleague to view / edit the article - this makes it easier to collaborate on sensitive news articles and announcements all from within the Workvivo application.
- You can add any user as a viewer or editor - they do not need to have any specific role or permissions.
- This person is notified by email and through an in-app notification that an article has been shared with them.
- They should access the article via the notification.
- If you mark the user as an Editor they can edit the article, add attachments, change the audience etc., however, they cannot publish the article.
- A viewer can view the article and preview it. This is a great way to share exciting company news with a small number of users before it's ready to share with the wider organization.
- The viewer / editor doesn't have the permission to publish the article.
- The creator can choose to uncheck the 'Mark as Private' option when ready and publish the article.
Check out this section here to learn more about creating articles in Workvivo.