Articles are a fantastic way to draw attention to important business updates, achievements, thought leadership, etc.
- Each time an article is published, a notification is issued to the audience.
- Articles tend to be a little more formal than an update and have a longer shelf life as they are stored within the News section for easy discovery.
- Don't hesitate to create articles for any editorial. It does not have to be ground-breaking news or external PR related.
Great examples include:
- Employee or Team Spotlight
- CEO Blog / Update
- New or existing Product / Service Spotlight
- Customer / Leadership Interview
Roles / Permissions: Admin, Editor, Article Editor for global or Team articles, Space Owners/Admins can create articles in Spaces
Creating an Article
Note: You can only create and publish news articles for a global audience or team(s) if you are an Administrator or Editor.
- Go to Workvivo on desktop and from the top navigation bar use the drop down menu from explore to open News.
- From the Latest News section, click “Manage News” on the right hand side of this section.
The Manage News section appears and from here you can use the chips to switch between Draft, Published, Scheduled, and Archived articles. You can also access In Review and Rejected articles if you are using our 'Article Approvals' functionality.
In this section you can also:
- Create new articles
- Edit articles
- Search for articles
- Set a new Hero Article (Featured Story)
- Manage Templates
- Access Content Calendar
Note: To learn more about archiving articles check out this article here.
To create a new article:
- Click the “Create” button in the top right corner of the screen
- Fill out the fields - Title, Subtitle (optional), main body
There is a 191-character limit for subheadings before truncating remaining text
You can embed images/videos within the article
- The default font in the Page Body is 'Inter Font Family'.
Add a cover image. This must be a landscape image and we support .png, .jpeg or .gif files
800px x 330px images are recommended. The safe space for text and important elements of an image are 490px x 330px. The safe space allows for compatibility across different device types.
Upload an attachment- you can upload a PDF, powerpoint etc to the article which might contain additional information relating to the content within the article.
To change the Audience, click on the default Audience selected (‘Everyone’ in this screenshot), and select the relevant Teams or Spaces
- If you do not wish to trigger notifications (email, mobile push or an in-app notification), check the 'Do Not Send Notifications' checkbox
- To publish the article, select the date and time you would like to publish the article from the Publish Date/Time section on the bottom right of the screen. (To keep this article as a draft leave the date selection blank.)
- Clicking the “Preview” button allows you to review the article before saving it for publication
- Click “Save” and the article will be published as scheduled
Note: System Admins can publish the article on behalf of another colleague. If you would like to change the author, click on the default Author and select a colleague from the list to change the author.
Changing the Audience of an Article / Elevating an Article
System Admins and Editors can also change the audience of a Space article to Everyone or Team(s) after it is published if required.
- Open the article from the Manage News section, click on the current audience.
- Select the desired audience from the list.
Viewing an Article
When you open your article to read you will see that your featured image has a prominent position at the top of the page.
As you scroll down the page, the quick actions toolbar will follow you on the left hand side should you wish to bookmark, share, or event comment on the article.
The ‘Read More’ section contains a selection of both featured and recent articles, enabling readers to discover more content that might be of interest to them.
For article editors, you can also access the article editor, analytics, and campaign tagging from within the article itself.
You can also leave a comment from directly within the article itself.