Choose a Global news article to appear as a standout story on the main activity page by setting it up as a Hero Article (Featured Story)!
Roles: Admin, Editor, Article Editor for global articles, Space Owner/Admin for Space Featured Story
If you are an Editor or Administrator, you can choose to feature a Global news article to appear as a standout story on the main Activity page by setting it up as a Hero Article. It appears on the top right.
To set up an article as a Hero Article / Featured Story, it must:
- Be a global article
- Be published already
- Have a landscape cover image
- 800px x 330px images are recommended. The safe space for text and important elements of an image: 490px x 330px. The safe space allows for compatibility across different device types.
Looking at the Workvivo Activity page:
This is the Hero Article in this example:
Setting up a Hero Article / Featured Story
- Open the News page and from the Latest News section, click “Manage News” (cog icon) on the right hand side of this section
- From the Manage News section, click “Hero Article Setup”
- Click “Add Article” and published global news articles appear in a list
- Select the desired Global article
Note: You can add multiple articles to trigger a Featured Story carousel. While there is no limit to the number of feature stories you can have, we recommend a maximum of 5 stories in the carousel
- Click and drag articles within the Hero Article Setup screen to change their order in the carousel
- You can also display the article in the main news section to display image only or image with text.
- Slide the toggle to on to disable the text overlay
You can also include a Space Article in the carousel on the main activity feed, however, a featured space article will not appear under the Hero Article Setup and will appear last in the carousel.
For more information on featuring Space News to the main activity feed check out this article here.