As an Admin or Editor, you now have the ability to let colleagues create articles while you retain control over final publication approval. You can also provide review feedback to the content creator so they have clear direction on what changes are needed. This gives you peace of mind, while allowing more colleagues to create content.
Device(s): Desktop only
Roles / Permissions:
- New Permission - "Content Reviewer" for Admins, Editors to approve content
- New Role - "Content Writer" to submit articles for review
Setting the new role
There is a new role called “Content Writer” - This role will allow the user to create articles, but these articles will need to go through a review process before being published.
You can grant this role to anyone in the organization
- The Admin and Editor will have an new permission added called “Content Reviewer”, this will allow Admin or Editors of your organization to approve or reject article content once it is submitted for review
New tabs on Manage News
There are now two new tabs in the Manage News screen: “In Review” and “Rejected”.
- Once the article is created, and the Content Writer has selected a publication date, it will be sent for approval and show up in the "In Review” tab. If a publication date is not selected, it will save as a Draft.
- Admins and Editors will be notified that there is now an article waiting for their approval via push/email notification.
The Admin or Editor can review the article - accessible via the notification and available in the Manage News section under the “In Review” tab.
If the article is approved it will go to the “Scheduled” or "Published" tab, depending on its publication date.
- If the article is rejected, it will be sent back to the Content Writer and show up in the “Rejected” section for further review. The publication date will be removed, so that it can again be saved as a draft.
- Once the Content Writer makes the recommended changes, the article can be sent back again for review.
- Content cannot be rejected unless a valid reason is provided - this feedback will be stored above the article, as well as in a history of notes.
Note: Once the article has been published, it can only be edited by an Admin or Editor.
This feature will be included in our Q4 2022 release.