The Apps and Documents tabs are windows into the key systems and documents used within your organization every day.
Within the Documents section, Folders appear above Documents and Links.
Featured documents and links can be found within the Featured section.
Roles / Permissions: Admins, users with 'App Launcher Editor' permission
Before you set up your Documents, we recommend compiling a list of the folders, links and files that you would like to add and determine which team, e.g. Department or Office, should have access to each item.
Here is a list of what's required to set up the Documents section.
|Folder Visibility||Audience (e.g. Everyone/Department Name)|
|List of Documents & Links||Name, URL or upload source, Parent Folder|
|Optional: Icons||Dimensions: 100px x100px|
Adding Folders / Links / Files
- From resources in the top navigation bar click documents from the drop down
- To add a new item, click Add below admin and select the relevant item type
- To create a folder, you would choose Folder
- To link to a cloud-hosted file, you would choose Link
- To upload a file, you would choose File
- To link to a Workvivo article, you would choose Article
For a folder:
- Choose its location (top level if visible outright or nested within another folder)
- Label it *save button will remain greyed out unless a label is added
- Change the audience from Global if needed e.g. a Team
Editing or Deleting Items
- To edit an item, use the manage drop down menu for the specific item and select "Edit". Change the details as needed in the Edit screen
- To delete an item, click 'delete' from the same drop down menu.
Note: If an item has an audience set that is different to Global / Everyone, the Sys Admin should toggle the 'Show All' switch so that they can see all folders and documents, regardless of their audience.
- To feature or promote a document or link, click manage and from the drop down select 'feature'.
- This item now appears in the Featured list for staff.
- Note: Folders cannot be featured.
Are there differences between 'Platform-level' Documents and 'Space Documents'?
- Always generate a post when created
- Reside in the Documents tab in a Space
- Space members can see the documents / all users can see the documents if the space is public
- Appear in the order newest to oldest
- Cannot sort / reorder
- Cannot structure in folders
- Do not generate a post when created
- Reside in the Documents section
- Audience members can see the documents (Everyone or Team(s))
- Can be sorted / reordered
- Folder structure can be created
- If the desired outcome is to have a documents repository which employees can search, navigate and find/open documents, then the Platform-level Documents is recommended.
- Space documents is another Workvivo content type that can be used to communicate and collaborate, and align to a specific topic within the context of a Space.