The usage dashboard is used to better understand the platform usage trends of your employees over time. This dashboard allows you to pinpoint functions or teams within your organization with low usage so that you can take the appropriate action when needed to encourage regular active use and engagement. You can download these reports by clicking the three dots on the top right hand corner above each table.
Note: In January 2024 we released an updated version of this dashboard to improve usability which combined the Snapshot and Drilldown tabs into one single dashboard.
Device(s): Web only
Role(s): Admin, Analytics Viewer
Monthly, Weekly and Daily Active Users
- Monthly Active Users (MAU) - this is a metric that provides a sense of how many users are regularly using the platform on a monthly basis. This is a good metric to understand recurring users because it allows for variance in employee capacity and availability when viewing overall usage of the platform.
- Weekly Active Users (WAU) - some organizations prefer a more granular view than MAU so it can be useful to see weekly active trends over time. This can also indicate recurring users or highlight busy weeks, for example, those linked to specific campaigns.
- Daily Active Users (DAU) - this metric is useful in identifying spikes in activity or specific days of the week where employees are more active.
Web vs Mobile Usage
- These charts show the number of users who are active on the platform via web or the mobile app. It's useful to understand the split of web vs mobile usage as this can feed into your content planning and overall Workvivo adoption and engagement strategy.
- The Monthly active web vs mobile chart compares:
- The total number of active users
- The number of active users on mobile vs active on web
- The number of active users on both web and mobile.
This chart is useful for comparing usage across device types over time. You can expand the chart using the arrows to see the data more clearly. You can also filter by Primary/Secondary/Tertiary team to drill into usage in specific areas of the business.
Percentage of Monthly, Weekly, Daily active users over time
These charts show the percentage of monthly, weekly, or daily active users as a percentage of the total number of activated users in that time period. This provides an insight into ongoing usage and activity. These charts can only show organization level data.
Monthly Active Users over time by Team
This table allows you to understand the active numbers per month over time organized by primary, secondary and tertiary team types. By default it will display the hierarchy of Primary Team -> Secondary Team -> Tertiary Team. For some organization’s configuration, it may be more applicable to show this as Tertiary Team -> Secondary Team -> Primary Team. There is an option to switch to this order if that applies for your organization.
Percentage of Monthly Active Users by Team over time
This chart, which can be changed to a table view, allows you to compare the percentage MAU rates across teams. It is most useful when filtered by team(s) or team type, which can be done with the quick filters. Use it to understand how teams and team types compare.